5th Avenue Steering Committee
The purpose of the 5th Avenue Steering Committee is to provide Ryan Companies with community input and direction during the community engagement phase of the 5th Avenue Project. Committee members serve both as communicators, sharing residents’ concerns with Ryan and relaying progress back to their constituents, and as an advisory group. The committee is not a decision-making body.
Per City Council direction, the 5th Avenue Steering Committee includes 15 individuals from the following stakeholder groups:
- Two City Council members
- Two City staff members
- Two Ryan Companies representatives
- Two residents from the Park Addition subdivision
- One resident from the Pilgrim's Addition subdivision
- One resident from ECHO
- One resident from WHOA
- One at-large representative - Mayor Emeritus A. George Pradel
- One representative of the Naperville Area Homeowners Confederation
- One commuter
- One representative of the Senior Task Force
Resident and stakeholder representatives were selected by the population they represent in January 2018.
The 5th Avenue Steering Committee will meet quarterly in 2018. The first meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Monday, February 12 in Meeting Room B of the Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle St.