Free Parking Available
Central Parking Facility
UPPER LEVEL (JEFFERSON AVE.)
MID LEVEL (JEFFERSON AVE.)
LOWER LEVEL (CHICAGO AVE.)
Van Buren Facility
VAN BUREN ST.
Water Street Facility
Are you planning a trip to downtown Naperville? Need help finding parking? Please use these provided resources to make your stay a safe and pleasant one.
For navigation and GPS purposes, here are addresses for all of the downtown Naperville parking facilities:
- Van Buren Parking Facility: 43 W. Van Buren Ave.
- Central Parking Facility: 75 E. Chicago Ave.
- Municipal Center Parking Facility: 400 S. Eagle St.
- Water Street Parking Facility: 120 Water St.
Downtown Visitor Parking
With the exception of parking on Washington Street, all on-street parking has a two-hour time limit from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Washington Street has parking restrictions during the weekday morning and evening rush hours to alleviate congestion. The parking restrictions are as follows:
- No Parking/Tow Zone: 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
- No Parking/Tow Zone: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday
Municipal surface parking lots have a three-hour time limit from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Three-hour parking is also available in the following locations:
- Central Parking Facility: Level 1 – Level 3
- Van Buren Parking Deck: Level 1 – Lower Level
- Municipal Center Parking Deck: Lower Level (designated spaces only) and Upper Level
- Water Street District Parking Facility: Level 1 – Level 3
After 9 a.m., all-day parking is available in the following locations:
- Central Parking Facility: Level 3
- Van Buren Parking Deck: Level 2 – Roof Level
- Municipal Center Parking Deck: Weekdays (after 5 p.m.) and Saturday, Lower Level and Upper Level
After 5 a.m., all-day parking is available in the following location:
- Water Street District Parking Facility: Level 3 – Level 6
Overnight parking is permitted in the following locations on Friday and Saturday nights:
- Van Buren Parking Deck: Level 1 – Level 5
- Central Parking Facility: Level 1 – Level 2
- Municipal Center Parking Deck: Lower Level
There are no time limits for vehicles parked downtown on Sunday. Overnight parking on Sunday night is prohibited.
Loading zones are designated on the following streets in downtown Naperville, allowing visitors making a quick stop to park in convenient locations:
- Chicago Avenue
- Jackson Avenue
- Webster Street
- Jefferson Avenue
- Main Street
Loading activity is limited to 15 minutes for passenger vehicles and 30 minutes for commercial vehicles.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
The City of Naperville currently has publicly accessible electric vehicle charging stations located in the Van Buren surface parking lot, 44 W. Van Buren Ave., and in the first level of the Van Buren Parking Deck, 43 W. Van Buren Ave.
The fee to use these charging stations is $1.50 per hour and vehicles are permitted to charge for up to three hours. Fees can be paid by credit card at the machines.
All are level 2 charging stations employing 220-240 volts and requiring a shorter charging time than residential units.
All electric vehicles must be plugged in and charging while in the parking spaces and the spaces are for electric vehicle use only, all other vehicles will be towed.
Central Business District (CBD) Hang Tags
Through the Central Business District (CBD) parking permit program, the City of Naperville provides downtown employees and downtown residents special parking locations that are not restricted by time limits.
The CBD permit costs just $5 per year. The fee is non-refundable and the permits are effective from January 1 through December 31. Permits go on sale in mid-December for the following year’s permit.
- CBD Parking Brochure (PDF)
Business Owners and Employees: Only the businesses located within the CBD may purchase CBD parking permits. Only business and building owners or managers, with proof of a business card, can apply for permits for their businesses and employees.
Central Business District Residents: Only the building owner or manager may purchase permits for their own vehicles and/or their tenant’s vehicles.
How to Obtain a CBD Permit
Business and building owners or managers may purchase permits at
400 S. Eagle St.
Naperville, IL 60540 TEL: (630) 420-6059
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Owners and managers must bring proof of their position with a business card. The City of Naperville does not sell permits to individual employees or tenants. Businesses may want to consider seasonal employees when obtaining their permits.
Where to Park Using a CBD Parking Permit
- Van Buren Parking Deck, 43 W. Van Buren Ave.:
Upper levels (3rd, 4th, 5th and roof levels)
- Central Parking Facility, 75 E. Chicago Ave.:
Upper level (entrance located off of Jefferson Avenue) and second level from January 1 to April 15 only.
- Municipal Center Parking Deck, 400 S. Eagle Street:
Upper level, eastern half of the parking lot, weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., all spaces, except those marked "reserved" are available weekdays after 5 p.m. and during the weekends.
- Central Park (Court Place and Central Lane): The surface parking areas on the east and south sides the streets.
- Water Street District Parking Facility, 120 Water St.: Level 3 – Level 6