Saturday, September 28, 2013
The City of Naperville will hold its annual surplus vehicle and equipment auction on Saturday, September 28 at the Public Works Service Center, 180 Fort Hill Drive. The event is combined with the Naperville Police Department’s seized vehicle auction.
This event is open to the public. Viewing of all items begins at 7:30 a.m. with the auction starting promptly at 9 a.m. Parking is available for patrons in the Public Works Service Center parking lot. Registration is required for this event and will begin at 7:30 a.m. on the day of the auction.
Accepted forms of payment include cash, cashier’s check or a business check accompanied by a bank letter of credit (PDF). All bank letters of credit must be faxed to (630) 305-5356 or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be pre-approved by the city’s Procurement Division on Friday, September 27, 2013 by 12:00 p.m.
Payment with a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) will include a 3 percent processing fee. There is no buyer’s premium charged at this auction. Approximately 60 vehicles will be up for auction, including cars, pick-up trucks, sport utility vehicles, minivans, vans and other miscellaneous items. All items must be paid for and removed on auction day.
A list of items to be auctioned will be posted on this page once it is available. To receive this list by fax, call (630) 420-4164 or send a request by email to email@example.com. To view individual photos of the vehicles and equipment up for auction, visit www.espeauctions.com.
Items for Auction and Photographs:
Below are photographs of select vehicles up for auction. Please click the image for a larger copy.
- Registration and vehicle/equipment inspection will begin at 7:30 a.m. on auction day.
- All potential buyers must register with a valid driver’s license before they can start bidding.
- Bidders are responsible for their own bid cards.
- Bidding begins promptly at 9 a.m.
- All titles will be transferred to the registered bidder the day of the auction.
- Payment terms include cash, cashier’s check, certified check, business check with pre-approved bank letter of credit and credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover only) for an additional 3% buyers fee.
- No buyer’s premium charged at this auction.
- Vehicles and equipment must be paid for and removed the same day.
- Auctioneer’s announcements on the sale day take precedence over printed material.