Thank you for your interest in pursuing a rewarding career with the City of Naperville. The city employs approximately 900 dedicated individuals who work in a variety of occupations. Please take a moment to carefully read all information listed below before proceeding with the application process.
Requirements for Employment with the City of Naperville
- You must be 18 years of age or older to work as a city employee. This requirement is also applicable to temporary opportunities, summer workers and intern positions.
- Pre-employment drug screens, physicals and criminal background checks are required for all positions within the city. These checks will only be conducted during the final stages of the interview process.
- There are no residency requirements for positions at the city, unless otherwise specified.
How to Apply
- Please submit:
- an application or
- a cover letter and resume or
- an application with a cover letter and resume
- Submit your choice of the above documents in person, online, by mail or by fax.
- Documents will only be accepted for positions that are currently listed on our job openings page. If you are interested in a position that is not contained in our list of current job openings, please continue to monitor this Web site as it will be updated weekly as new positions become available.
- Fire and Police Department sworn personnel are hired by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
- Please click here to view all current job openings.
- If you do not receive an offer for the position to which you applied, please feel free to re-submit your documents for other positions that are posted now or in the future.
- The city also sponsors a Municipal Volunteer Program (MVP). More information about the program, as well as how to get involved, is available on the MVP webpage.