2014 Municipal Parking Lot Improvement Project Alert: The 2014 Municipal Parking Lot Improvement Project begins the week of May 5, 2014, with a handful of downtown lots being impacted by this work. To view a map of impacted lots and the work being performed at each lot, click here.
Top 10 Tips for Parking in Downtown Naperville
- Parking is FREE in all downtown Naperville on-street parking spaces, municipal surface parking lots and parking decks.
- Real-time parking availability for the Central Parking Facility and Van Buren Parking Deck is posted outside each of the parking decks.
- The Municipal Center Parking Deck is available to all visitors after 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and all day during the weekend.
- Check out Levels 2 and 3 of the Central Parking Facility for available parking spaces.
- Overnight parking is permitted in the Van Buren Parking Deck (Levels 1 through 5), Central Parking Facility (Levels 1 and 2) and the Municipal Center Parking Deck (Lower Level) on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Washington Street on-street parking is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. After 4 p.m. on weekdays, cars parked on this street will be towed. Time restrictions for downtown parking are posted as follows (except where otherwise noted):
- Loading zones: 15 minutes for passenger vehicles; 30 minutes for commercial vehicles
- On-street parking: 2 hours
- Municipal surface parking lots: 3 hours
- Municipal parking decks: Range from 3 hours to long-term parking
- With the exception of parking on Washington Street, on-street parking is provided throughout downtown for up to 2 hours, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- Bike to downtown Naperville!
Bike parking is located at the Van Buren Parking Deck, the Municipal Center and Nichols Library. To obtain a copy of the Naperville Biking Map and Guide, visit www.naperville.il.us/bikemap.aspx.
- Pace Bus route 530 services downtown Naperville. For a route schedule, visit www.pacebus.com.
- Take the train to downtown Naperville! For a Metra schedule, visit www.metrarail.com.
Downtown Naperville Parking Map
Planning a trip to downtown Naperville? Download and print the Downtown Naperville Parking Map to keep handy in the car.
Downtown Naperville Accessible Parking
Accessible parking is available in all of the downtown parking lots and parking decks, as well as on some streets.
Downtown Visitor Parking
Visiting downtown Naperville? Based on your expected length of stay Park Easy, Park Smart in one of the following locations. Parking is FREE in all downtown Naperville on-street parking spaces, municipal surface parking lots and parking decks.
- Loading zones are designated on the following streets in downtown Naperville, allowing visitors making a quick stop to park in convenient locations:
- Chicago Avenue
- Jackson Avenue
- Webster Street
- Jefferson Avenue
- Main Street
- Loading activity is limited to 15 minutes for passenger vehicles and 30 minutes for commercial vehicles.
- On-Street Parking
- With the exception of parking on Washington Street, all on-street parking has a 2 hour time limit from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- Washington Street has parking restrictions during the weekday morning and evening rush hours to alleviate congestion. The parking restrictions are as follows:
- No Parking/Tow Zone: 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
- No Parking/Tow Zone: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday
Planning a 2-hour visit to downtown Naperville? In addition to the on-street parking spaces, parking is available in the municipal surface parking lots and municipal parking decks as noted below:
- Municipal Surface Parking Lots (3-hour limit)
- Municipal surface parking lots have a 3 hour time limit from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- Municipal Parking Decks (3-hour limit)
- Central Parking Facility: Level 1 – Level 3
- Van Buren Parking Deck: Level 1 – Lower Level
- Municipal Center Parking Deck: Lower Level (designated spaces only) and Upper Level
- After 9 a.m. all-day parking is available in the following locations:
- Central Parking Facility: Level 3
- Van Buren Parking Deck: Level 2 – Roof Level
- Municipal Center Parking Deck: Weekdays (after 5 p.m.) and Saturday, Lower Level and Upper Level
- Overnight parking is permitted in the following locations on Friday and Saturday nights:
- Van Buren Parking Deck: Level 1 – Level 5
- Central Parking Facility: Level 1 – Level 2
- Municipal Center Parking Deck: Lower Level
- There are no time limits for vehicles parked downtown on Sunday.
- Overnight parking on Sunday night is prohibited.
Downtown Employee and Resident Parking (CBD Parking)
People who work or live in the downtown are required to purchase and display a Central Business District (CBD) hangtag. The hangtags are $5 and can be purchased from the City of Naperville Finance Department at the Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle Street.
If your car is towed from Washington Street, please call (630) 420-6173 to locate your vehicle.
Downtown Parking Management Study
The City of Naperville initiated the Downtown Parking Management Study to examine the existing parking facilities and regulations in downtown Naperville. The study includes parking strategies to meet the needs of visitors, patrons, employees and business owners in the downtown.
More information about the Downtown Parking Management Study, including the final report, is available on the city's website at www.naperville.il.us/dtparkingstudy.aspx.