The City of Naperville has developed a five-year plan that identifies priorities and objectives for Community Development Block Grant (CBDG) funds.
- Bridge the gap between homelessness and self-sufficiency for the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless.
- Expand the availability of affordable homes for ownership by assisting in the purchase of 2 homes for ownership.
- Expand the availability of transitional units for homeless or those at risk of homelessness by assisting in the acquisition of 4 transitional units.
- Assist in 8 projects for the rehabilitation of existing transitional units and shelters.
- Expand the availability of permanent housing for the developmentally, mental health, or physically impaired.
- Provide assistance for the purchase of 5 homes for the developmentally, mental health, or physically impaired.
- Provide rehabilitation assistance for the improvement of 3 homes for developmentally, mental health, or physically impaired.
- Expand the availability of housing for low-income elderly persons.
- Provide home improvement assistance to 15 owner-occupied senior citizen households.
- Provide 5 rehabilitation projects for senior supportive housing and senior public facilities.
- Expand the availability of affordable housing for low to moderate income individuals and families.
- Encourage home maintenance and rehabilitation by providing home improvement grants for 50 households.
- Encourage home ownership and rental assistance by providing down payment/rental assistance for 60 households.
- Assist in the provision of transportation options for low to moderate income individuals and families.
- Allow the provision of alternative modes of transportation.
- Provide subsidy for a public transit voucher program.
- Provide subsidy for a gas voucher program.
- Provide subsidy for a taxi voucher program.
- Remove architectural barriers to enhance the access of persons with disabilities to facilities and services.
- Enhance accessibility of owner-occupied homes or non-profit owned, occupied rental units.
- Enhance overall accessibility of Naperville by reducing architectural barriers in public facilities.
- Provide for needed improvements in supportive housing and public facilities.
- Enhance the inventory of supportive housing through general maintenance and rehabilitation.
- Enhance the services provided by public facilities through general maintenance and rehabilitation.
City of Naperville
TED Business Group
400 S. Eagle Street
Naperville, IL 60540
Community Planner/ CDBG Coordinator
CDBG Main Page