The City of Naperville has developed a five-year plan that identifies priorities and objectives for Community Development Block Grant (CBDG) funds.
- Bridge the gap between homelessness and self-sufficiency for the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless.
- Expand the availability of affordable homes for ownership by assisting in the purchase of 2 homes for ownership.
- Expand the availability of transitional units for homeless or those at risk of homelessness by assisting in the acquisition of 4 transitional units.
- Assist in 8 projects for the rehabilitation of existing transitional units and shelters.
- Expand the availability of permanent housing for the developmentally, mental health, or physically impaired.
- Provide assistance for the purchase of 5 homes for the developmentally, mental health, or physically impaired.
- Provide rehabilitation assistance for the improvement of 3 homes for developmentally, mental health, or physically impaired.
- Expand the availability of housing for low-income elderly persons.
- Provide home improvement assistance to 15 owner-occupied senior citizen households.
- Provide 5 rehabilitation projects for senior supportive housing and senior public facilities.
- Expand the availability of affordable housing for low to moderate income individuals and families.
- Encourage home maintenance and rehabilitation by providing home improvement grants for 50 households.
- Encourage home ownership and rental assistance by providing down payment/rental assistance for 60 households.
- Assist in the provision of transportation options for low to moderate income individuals and families.
- Allow the provision of alternative modes of transportation.
- Provide subsidy for a public transit voucher program.
- Provide subsidy for a gas voucher program.
- Provide subsidy for a taxi voucher program.
- Remove architectural barriers to enhance the access of persons with disabilities to facilities and services.
- Enhance accessibility of owner-occupied homes or non-profit owned, occupied rental units.
- Enhance overall accessibility of Naperville by reducing architectural barriers in public facilities.
- Provide for needed improvements in supportive housing and public facilities.
- Enhance the inventory of supportive housing through general maintenance and rehabilitation.
- Enhance the services provided by public facilities through general maintenance and rehabilitation.
City of Naperville
City Manager's Office
400 S. Eagle Street
Naperville, IL 60540
Community Grant Coordinator
CDBG Main Page