Due to the Memorial Day holiday on Monday, May 25, all garbage and recycling collection, including yard waste collection, will be delayed by one day.
From March 16 through December 11, 2015, landscape waste in paper yard waste bags as well as bundled small branches will be picked up in the city's weekly yard waste collection program. A yard waste sticker must be attached to each bag or bundle placed at the curb for collection. State law prohibits grass clippings, leaves, garden waste and branches from being placed in landfills.
Place grass, weeds, small branches, twigs and leaves in 32-gallon paper yard waste bags. Alternatively, branches less than three (3) inches in diameter may be tied in bundles that measure up to four (4) feet long and two (2) feet wide. Secure each bundle with biodegradable twine. Bags and bundles have a 60-pound weight limit.
Due to the City switching waste hauling providers to Waste Management on May 1, current yard waste stickers will only be good through June 30. After that time, new yard waste stickers will be required to participate in the weekly yard waste collection program. The new stickers will be available for purchase on or around May 1. They will be a different color and feature Waste Management’s logo.
The cost of the new yard waste stickers will remain the same at $2.10 each. The stickers will remain the same price throughout the duration of the four-year contract with Waste Management. Stickers may be purchased from the City of Naperville Finance Department, 400 S. Eagle St. (hours) as well as the following businesses:
- Buikema's Ace Hardware, 963 W. 75th St.
- Buikema's Ace Hardware, 1030 Washington St.
- Buikema's Ace Hardware, 5035 Ace Lane
- Butera Market, 1290 E. Chicago Ave.
- Caputo's Fresh Market, 3115 W. 111th St.
- Casey's Foods, 134 W. Gartner Road
- Douglas Ace Hardware Homecenter, 1212 S. Naper Blvd.
- Jewel/Osco, 1759 W. Ogden Ave.
- Jewel/Osco, 127 E. Ogden Ave.
- Jewel/Osco, 1227 Naper Blvd.
- Jewel/Osco, 2855 W. 95th St.
- Jewel/Osco, 1200 W. Bolington Road
- Meijer, 808 N. Route 59
- Menard's, 715 Fort Hill Road
- Walgreens, 1779 Sequoia Road
- Walgreens, 400 S. Main St.
- Walgreens, 1303 Wehrli Road
- Walgreens, 63 W. 87th St.
- Walgreens, 3035 Book Road
- Walgreens, 612 Raymond Drive
From November 2 through December 11, 2015, the city offers a free bagged yard waste collection program. During this six-week period homeowners may dispose of bagged yard waste in 32-gallon paper yard waste bags, free of charge, each week on their normal garbage collection day. No sticker is required on the bags. Place bags at the curb on your normal garbage collection day during this six-week period. Branches and other yard waste that are tied into bundles require a sticker at all times.
Prior to November 2, a yard waste sticker is required on all bundled or bagged leaves and yard waste placed out for collection.
All yard waste collection ends for the year on December 11, 2015, and will resume again on March 14, 2016.
The city also provides free curbside bulk brush collection beginning in May for branches and tree trimmings.