The City of Naperville contracted residential waste hauler is Allied Waste Services.
Under the five-year contract, residents are required to use garbage containers that are 32-gallons or less in size, weighing less than 60 pounds when filled. This regulation, a provision in both the current and prior contract, is strictly enforced. Residents preferring to use larger garbage containers are encouraged to purchase a residential garbage cart from the city. These garbage carts can easily be lifted mechanically by garbage trucks, which is why they can be larger in size. The weight limitation is 220 pounds of household waste. Under our contract, oversized garbage carts purchased from the city will be the only oversized containers permitted.
Residential Refuse Fee
Residents pay a $2 monthly residential refuse fee that appears on a monthly utility bill as a flat monthly rate.
For more information, visit the Residential Refuse Fee page.
- Trash must be placed on the curb for collection by 6 a.m.
- Empty containers must be removed from the curb by 7 p.m.
- Containers may be up to 32-gallon in capacity and 60 pounds in weight unless using Naperville garbage carts.
- Containers should be sufficiently strong to prevent spillage and wind-carry.
- Furniture and appliances are included in the normal collection.
- Collection of construction and remodeling materials and carpeting is limited.
- Tires, hazardous liquids and landscape materials are banned from landfills and cannot be collected with normal trash. See related links for proper disposal options.
Collection of remodeling materials, carpeting and landscape material is limited. Only two rolls of carpeting, or remodeling or construction items such as rolled carpeting, bathroom fixtures, cabinets, or containers of 32 gallons or less containing items such as wood or drywall will be collected per week free of charge. There will be a charge for any additional items.
Carpet must be placed at the curb in rolls measuring up to four feet in length and two feet in width and not exceed 60 pounds in weight. Construction material, such as drywall, wood paneling and 2x4’s, must be secured in containers that do not exceed 60 pounds in weight. Items may also be tied in bundles measuring up to four feet in length, two feet in width, weighing up to 60 lbs.
Additional carpeting, and other oversized construction items and excess remodeling materials over the two item limit are collected by special arrangement and payment through Allied Waste Services, (630) 892-9294.
A detailed collection map is available in PDF format.
There is no collection on:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
When a collection falls on one of these observed holidays, garbage collection will be one day later for the remainder of the week. Residents whose regular collection occurs on Friday will have their garbage and recycling picked up on Saturday.
If you have a question or concern regarding refuse collection, please call the Allied Waste Services Customer Service line at (630) 892-9294.