The City of Naperville contracted residential waste hauler is Waste Management.
Under the four-year contract, residents are required to use garbage containers that are 32-gallons or less in size, weighing less than 60 pounds when filled. This regulation, a provision in both the current and prior contract, is strictly enforced. Residents may also purchase a residential garbage cart from the City. City carts come in 32-, 68- or 95-gallon sizes and are restricted to a 220-pound weight so they can lifted mechanically by the truck.
Residential Refuse Fee
Residents pay a $2 monthly residential refuse fee that appears on a monthly utility bill as a flat monthly rate.
For more information, visit the Residential Refuse Fee page.
- Trash must be placed on the curb for collection by 6 a.m.
- Empty containers must be removed from the curb by 7 p.m.
- Containers may be up to 32-gallon in capacity and 60 pounds in weight unless using Naperville garbage carts.
- Containers should be sufficiently strong to prevent spillage and wind-carry.
- Furniture and appliances are included in the normal collection.
- Collection of construction and remodeling materials and carpeting is limited.
- Tires, hazardous liquids and landscape materials are banned from landfills and cannot be collected with normal trash. See related links for proper disposal options.
Limited quantities of remodeling or construction materials, such as rolled carpeting, bathroom fixtures, cabinets, wood or drywall will be collected weekly.
Additional construction or remodeling materials can be collected by special arrangement and payment by calling Waste Management (800) 796-9696.
- Carpeting must be placed at the curb in rolls measuring no more than 4 feet long and 2 feet wide and weigh no more than 60 lbs. A maximum of 2 rolls of carpeting is allowed per week.
- Construction materials, such as drywall and wood paneling must either be in containers that do not exceed 60 lbs. or tied in bundles measuring 4 feet long, 2 feet wide and weigh less than 60 lbs. A maximum of two 32-gallon cans, 2 bundles, or one of each is allowed to be set out for collection per week.
A detailed collection map is available in PDF format.
There is no collection on:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
When a collection falls on one of these observed holidays, garbage collection will be one day later for the remainder of the week. Residents whose regular collection occurs on Friday will have their garbage and recycling picked up on Saturday.
If you have a question or concern regarding refuse collection, please call Waste Management at (800) 796-9696 between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.