Social Services Grant Program
The City Council Workshop on Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Social Services Grant (SSG) allocations that was to have been held at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, December 20 has been canceled and will be rescheduled. The change will not affect proposed awards that have already been announced.
The City of Naperville created the Social Services Grant (SSG) Program to enhance social service activities for community benefit. The purpose of the fund is to provide necessary financial assistance to municipal and not-for-profit social service agencies. The grant is awarded annually with the application cycle taking place in the fall of each year.
PY17 Social Services (SS) Projects Grant Application Now Available
Applications for the City of Naperville’s Program Year 2017 Social Service Grant (SSG) Program are now available:
The City of Naperville held a pre-application meeting for the Program Year 2017 Social Services Grant (SSG) and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) on August 31, 2016 at the Naperville Municipal Center.
The PowerPoint presentation from the information session is available here:
Social Services (SS) Program applications are due by noon on Friday, September 30, 2016.
- Emergency Services
- Special Populations
- Self-Sufficiency Projects
Please note that transportation is a subsection of each objective category.
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Mental Health Community Awareness
- An organization must be a non-profit/not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
- The service or benefit provided must meet the objective of the City's Social Service program and address a perceived need or problem in the community. Priority will be given to activities that benefit low- and moderate-income persons.
- An organization must provide services or benefits to the City of Naperville community.
- An organization must demonstrate a need for City funding.
- An organization must demonstrate ongoing fundraising efforts.
All organizations receiving SSG funds are subject to the requirements included in the Grantees Manual (PDF).
As a Social Services Grant (SSG) Grantee, you are required to fill out and submit the following forms below to complete the funding process.
In case of any changes to the “Grantee Agreement,” a grantee needs to submit the amendment form explaining proposed changes. No changes to the project can be made without the approval of the City of Naperville.
- Agreement Amendment Form (PDF)
The City of Naperville requires grantees to report on grant progress through the life of the project. The reporting forms can be accessed below and are applicable to all projects.
- Six-Month Progress Report (PDF) - Due November 10
- Final Program and Financial Report (PDF) - Due June 30
Request for Payment
In order to be reimbursed, a grantee must fill out the Request for Payment form and submit all required supporting documentation. Requests for Payment are due the 10th of each month.
- Request for Payment (PDF)