The City of Naperville contracts with or is affiliated with the following lobbyists and lobbying organizations:
- DuPage Mayors & Managers Conference (affiliation)
1220 Oak Brook Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523
(630) 571-0480, www.dmmc-cog.org
- Illinois Municipal League (affiliation)
500 East Capitol Avenue, Springfield, IL 62701
(217) 525-1220, www.iml.org
- Pension Fairness for Illinois Communities (affiliation)
1616 East Golf Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016
- Will County Governmental League (affiliation)
3180 Theodore Street, Suite 101, Joliet, IL 60435
(815) 729-3535, www.wcgl.org
In addition to memberships/affiliations with the organizations listed above, as one of the largest municipalities in Illinois, Naperville requires the services of a lobbyist to support and promote Naperville stakeholders’ interests by formulating, promoting, monitoring and reporting on the City’s legislative initiatives and priorities. Historically, the City’s contracted lobbyist has been instrumental in gaining momentum on initiatives and efforts of interest to the City (e.g. IL Route 59 funding).
The City’s contracted lobbyist is responsible for the following:
- Research, prepare and lobby proposals desired by the City of Naperville
- Position the City of Naperville to maximize state funding opportunities
- Promote the City’s legislative proposals by communicating with state and other governmental officials through personal contact, position papers, testimony and other such means as appropriate
- Monitor legislation, arrange for bill sponsorship, perform issue analysis and brief City of Naperville officials on legislative issues
- Draft legislation in support of the City’s legislative priorities.
- Prepare informational reports and action calls during legislative sessions to inform the City of the legislative process and status of City proposals
From 2007 – 2011, the City of Naperville hired Government Affairs Specialists, Inc., 217 E. Monroe Street, Suite 204, Springfield, IL 62701 as contract lobbyists. Specifically, Loretta Durbin and Alice E. Phillips were the principal lobbyists in the firm representing the City of Naperville. Government Affairs Specialists, Inc., registered publically as lobbyists serving on behalf of the City. The annual contract for services was $60,000. Government Affairs Specialists, Inc., closed in 2011 with the retirement of the principal lobbyists.
On July 17, 2012, the City hired Roger C. Marquardt and Co. The firm has registered publically as lobbyists serving on behalf of the City of Naperville. The current contract period extends through July 2013 and will automatically renew subject to the same terms unless either party seeks to amend. The principal lobbyist serving on behalf of the City is Scott Marquardt. The annual contract for services is $50,000.
Roger Marquardt and Co.
600 S. Second Street, Suite 400
Springfield, IL 62704
311 S. County Farm Road, Suite 1
Wheaton, IL 60187
Copies of contracts and other paperwork associated with the City of Naperville's lobbyist affiliations are below: