City Council Term: 2011-2015
- I grew up on the south side of Chicago in the house where my mother still lives. This taught me the importance of strong, stable neighborhoods.
- Master’s degree in social sciences from the University of Chicago, 1999
- Master’s in urban planning from Michigan State, 1986
- B.A. in English from Illinois State, 1976
- Principal, McElroy Associates, Naperville
- Senior Planner, Planning Resources Inc., Wheaton
- Vice President of Editorial Services, Windle Inc., Oak Brook
- Deputy Director, City of Aurora, IL, Division of City Planning
- NCTV17 Board of Directors
- Naperville for Clean Energy & Conservation
- Naperville Plan Commission
- Rotary Club of Naperville
- Naperville Development Partnership
- Married to Kay for 31 years.
- Three (mostly) grown children: Mike is 26, Laura is 25 and Brendan is 21
- For the past 15 years I have been trying to teach myself how to play the guitar. I buy and sell used guitars.