Mass Notification System
Receive the City of Naperville information that matters to you
the most when you want it, the way you want it.
The City of Naperville is committed to keeping the public safe and informed about events that impact their lives. Throughout the years, a wide variety of tools has been used to inform the community before, during and after an emergency or other significant event.
Building on a desire to reach people in the way that is most beneficial to them, Naperville is introducing “Naper Notify,” a new notification system that lets the City quickly and directly send messages to individuals or groups on a variety of devices to keep them informed throughout a significant event in the City.
Naper Notify lets you sign up to receive emergency and community messages through a preferred method of communication. This could include a cell phone, work phone, home phone, text message, e-mail or more. You can also choose the locations you want to be contacted about. You can receive notifications about emergencies that may affect your home, your parents’ home, your workplace or your child’s school – or any other location of interest and importance to you – as long as those locations are within the boundaries of the City of Naperville.
Below is more information about what types of notifications are available as well as how Naperville plans to use this system to provide you with critical information.
Types of Notifications
Naper Notify allows the City of Naperville to communicate effectively to a widespread audience to relay timely and important information. The system will be used to communicate two types of messages: Emergency Notifications and Community Notifications.
In the event of an emergency, the City will contact individuals or groups in a certain area that have the potential to be affected by an emergency situation. Emergency notifications are used in a situation that has an effect, or may have an effect, on a certain number of people involving immediate or pending threats to public safety or property and where immediate notification is necessary. Emergency notifications can be sent Citywide if circumstances of the event dictate this type of widespread notification to be necessary.
Community notifications are meant to notify residents and interested parties about events or projects that may temporarily impact their day-to-day routine but do not impact health or safety. The City will contact individuals with this type of information only if they choose to receive this type of news.
Per the City's policy, community notifications can be sent between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. Due to the nature of certain categories, messages may be sent in the earlier or later hours of this timeframe. The City will send messages as it deems appropriate based on the need and type of message.
Below are the community notification categories the City of Naperville is making available:
- Brush & Leaf Collection – Information about these annual programs and when they will be occurring in your neighborhood.
- Utility Outages – Information about scheduled outages of any duration or unplanned outages anticipated to be four or more hours in duration.
- Public Safety – Information about public safety topics, including safety tips and announcements, crime and fire prevention information, public safety events, crime alerts, code compliance information and requests for vehicle donations.
- Road & Utility Work (Neighborhood) – Information about localized neighborhood road work and utility projects such as parkway tree trimming, storm system repair, alley reconstructions, tree trimming around City power lines, sanitary sewer lining, planned water main repairs and hydrant repairs/replacement.
- Special Event Alerts – Information about major and minor special events occurring in the City of Naperville, including dates, times, locations, street closures, parking lot closures and other important event information.
- Traffic Alerts (Major Roadways) – Information about major arterial roadway projects taking place in the City, such as the Route 59 Expansion Project.
- Winter Operations – Information on snow removal operations in the City, including plowing operations and anticipated snowfall as well as reminders about the City’s interactive snow plowing map.
Upon registration and sign-in with the system, individuals can select which Community Notification categories, if any, they would like to receive.
Terms and Conditions
Please take a moment to read the Naper Notify terms and conditions (PDF). By signing up for the Naper Notify system, you are agreeing to the information contained in the terms and conditions (PDF).
Sign Up Today
Click the link below to learn more about Naper Notify and to sign up today.
Get the Mobile Member App
For smartphone users, the free Everbridge Mobile Member App is also available for use on your iOS or Android powered mobile device to receive messages from Naper Notify. (Everbridge is the company the City of Naperville selected to host Naper Notify.) Visit Google Play or the iTunes App Store to download Everbridge Mobile Member and log in with your username and password once you're signed up for Naper Notify.
To learn more about Naper Notify from Everbridge, the company the City selected to host this service, please view the video below.