Tenant Build-Out and Business Occupancy PermitsThe City of Naperville has adopted the 2012 edition of the International Codes published by the International Code Council for residential, commercial and multi-family construction. The City has also adopted amendments to 2012 International Codes, which can be found in Title 5 of the Municipal Code.
- International Building Code (2012)
- International Residential Code (2012)
- International Fire Code (2012)
- International Plumbing Code/Private Sewage Disposal Code (2012)
- International Mechanical Code (2012)
- International Fuel Gas Code (2012)
- International Code Council Electrical Administrative Provisions (2006) and National Electric Code (2011)
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (2012)
- International Existing Building Code
- Illinois Energy Conservation Code (2015 IECC as amended by the State of Illinois)
- Illinois State Plumbing Code (current)
- Illinois Accessibility Code (current)
All permits submitted on or after March 1, 2013 must comply with the new codes.
Illinois Energy Conservation Code Updates
Permits applied for on or after January 1, 2016, are subject to the 2015 IECC and ASHRAE 90.1-2013 with Illinois amendments. Illinois amendments may be found by reviewing the Capital Development Board filing on page 12,425 of the September 11, 2015, Illinois Register (v.39, i.37) (PDF).
New Commercial Building Concept Approval
When an addition to commercial structures or new structure is being planned call (630) 420-6069 to be assigned a city project manager.
Occupying an Existing Business Space?
Attendance at a Tenant Build-Out Meeting is required.