Residential Garbage Collection
The City of Naperville contracts with Waste Management for its residential garbage collection. Residents pay a $12.35 monthly residential refuse fee on their utility bills, which is one of the most competitive rates in the region.
If you have a question or concern regarding garbage collection, please call Waste Management at (800) 796-9696 from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Trash must be placed on the curb by 6 a.m on your collection day.
- Empty containers must be removed from the curb by 7 p.m on your collection day.
- Containers may be up to 32-gallon in capacity and 60 pounds in weight unless using Naperville garbage carts. Naperville garbage carts come in 32-, 68- or 95-gallon sizes and are limited to 220 pounds so trucks can lift them.
- Containers should be sufficiently strong to prevent spills and wind-carry.
- Furniture and appliances are included in the normal collection.
- Tires, hazardous liquids and landscape materials are banned from landfills and cannot be collected with normal trash.
Limited quantities of remodeling or construction materials, such as rolled carpeting, bathroom fixtures, cabinets, wood or drywall will be collected weekly.
- Carpeting must be placed at the curb in rolls measuring no more than 4 feet long and 2 feet wide and weigh no more than 60 pounds. A maximum of 2 rolls of carpeting is allowed per week.
- Construction materials, such as drywall and wood paneling, must either be in containers that do not exceed 60 pounds or tied in bundles measuring 4 feet long, 2 feet wide and weigh less than 60 pounds. A maximum of two 32-gallon cans, 2 bundles or one of each is allowed to be set out for collection per week.
Additional construction or remodeling materials can be collected by special arrangement and payment by calling Waste Management at (800) 796-9696.
There is no collection on:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
When a collection falls on one of these observed holidays, garbage collection will be one day later for the remainder of the week. Residents whose regular collection occurs on Friday will have their garbage and recycling picked up on Saturday.
Christmas Tree Collection
Live Christmas tree collection takes place the first two weeks of January each year. Trees should be placed at the curb for pickup on your normal garbage collection day and be free of tinsel, decorations, lights, etc.