National Mayor's Challenge for Water Conservation
The Wyland Foundation's Annual National Mayor's Challenge for Water Conservation held every Earth Month (April 1-30) is a competition that encourages cities across the nation to see who can be the most water wise by asking their residents to take a series of informative, easy to use pledges online to conserve water, energy and other natural resources. The non-profit campaign is presented nationally by Toyota and the Wyland Foundation, in association with NLC, EPA Office of Water, U.S. Forest Service, the Toro Company, Bytelaunch, Inc., Wondergrove Kids, and mayors and water agencies across the country.
Participation helps conservation-minded residents win 100s of eco-friendly prizes including $3,000 for your home utilities, water-saving home products and home improvement gift cards, a 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid for a deserving charity in your area and more.
April 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019
- HOW IT WORKS
Mayor Chirico is challenging the residents of Naperville to conserve water, energy and other natural resources on behalf of Naperville through a series of informative, easy-to-use pledges online. Cities with the highest percentage of residents who take the challenge in their population category win. Participants in the winning cities are eligible to win hundreds of prizes. You must be a resident of Naperville to qualify.
If Naperville wins and you chose to enter the prize drawing, you could win one of the following prizes:
- Grand Prize:$3,000 Home Utilities paid for a year
- Toro® XTRA SMART™ ECXTRA™ Landscape Tier & Wireless Weather Sensors
- Eco-friendly home cleaning product packages from Earth Friendly Products (ECOS)
- Home Improvement Store Gift Cards
- Waterpik Chrome EcoRain® Low Flow Rain Shower Heads
- Waterpik Eco-Flow® 4-Spray Fixed Shower Heads
- Home water system retrofit Including assessment, repairs, and replacements of inefficient fixturing, as needed (may include toilet replacements, shower heads, aerators, toilets, and faucets) by Ecosystems LLC
- Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector
- Wyland Reusable “Water Is Life” 1 ML Glass Water Bottles
- Wyland Mizu Reusable Stainless-Steel Water Bottles
Community Grand Prize: Know a great charity in your community? Simply add their name when you enter the prize drawing and they could win a new 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. All charities are eligible, PTAs, churches, health and human services, arts groups and more.
- Learn More
Visit www.mywaterpledge.com for more challenge details and to take the pledge.