Park Addition Water Main Replacement
The City's Water/Wastewater Utility will be replacing water main in the Park Addition neighborhood. The project includes Center, Ellsworth and Brainard Streets, as well as Loomis Street from 5th Avenue to Ogden Avenue. The project also includes replacement of the storm sewer on Ellsworth Street from 5th to 7th Avenues, which will improve drainage in the area.
Water mains will be placed at the following locations:
- Center Street from 5th Avenue to 8th Avenue: East Parkway
- North Ellsworth from 5th Avenue to 8th Avenue: West Parkway
- North Ellsworth from 8th Avenue to Ogden Avenue: East Parkway
- North Brainard from 5th Avenue to Ogden Avenue: East Parkway
- North Loomis from 5th Avenue to 8th Avenue: West Parkway
- North Loomis from 8th Avenue to Ogden Avenue: East Parkway
- Project Timeline
The project is scheduled to begin in mid-May and is expected to conclude in October.
- Project Benefits
This project is expected to reduce the number of water main breaks in this location, improving the quality of service and minimizing future disruption. Additionally, replacement of a storm sewer will improve drainage in the area.
- Impacts to the Public
All work will take place on the parkway and sidewalk areas. Access to driveways will be maintained with temporary stone ramps. Service disruptions are not anticipated, apart from a brief, 20-minute period when existing water services are transferred to the new main.
Impacted driveway aprons will be replaced after the project is complete with the original material used (concrete, brick, blacktop). Sidewalks will be replaced, the parkway resodded and any affected landscaping replanted.