Mayor Chirico is honored to issue proclamations to recognize individuals, groups or events for their unique contributions to the City of Naperville. Proclamations are issued to honor exceptional achievement and special events or actions within the community.
Proclamations may be presented to an organization at a City Council meeting or picked up at the Mayor's Office. There is a limit of two proclamations per City Council meeting. For presentation at City Council meetings, preference will be provided to proclamations that have local significance as opposed to national days or months of celebration or honor. All proclamations will be limited to one 8.5” x 11” page (200 words).
What to submit
- Name of the organization or individual being honored and reason for proclamation
- Contact information including name, email, phone number and address
- Whether the request is for presentation at a City Council meeting or will be picked up at the Mayor’s Office
- City Council meeting date requested or when the proclamation is needed
- 4-5 sentences about the subject of the proclamation
What to expect
- Requests should be submitted at least 21 days in advance
- Applications will be reviewed by the Mayor’s Office
- For proclamations being picked up at the Mayor’s Office, a confirmation email will be sent when the proclamation is ready for pick up
- For proclamations being presented at a City Council meeting, a confirmation email will be sent advising of the day and time of the City Council meeting.
There is a limit of one proclamation per year for each subject or individual. All submissions will be reviewed and edited as necessary. The Mayor’s Office reserves the right to decline any request for a proclamation, as well as the right to make exceptions to the guideline procedures.