Curbside Bulk Brush Collection
2017 Collection Program
Please check back in March for information, including dates, about the 2017 curbside bulk brush collection program.
Brush must be properly prepared and meet the following specifications:
- Branches must measure between 3 feet and 8 feet in length, and be no greater than 6 inches in diameter. (Shorter lengths may be bagged or bundled and placed out on garbage day with a yard waste sticker attached.)
- Stack branches neatly on the parkway with cut ends toward the street. Brush piles that are badly tangled will not be picked up.
- Please place branches with thorns in a separate pile.
- Piles must be placed at the curb by Sunday night before scheduled collection.
- Place brush on the parkway in front of your home only. Branches along busy side streets or rear frontages will not be collected.
- Do not tie or bundle your brush piles for the free bulk brush collection program.
- Willow whips, small twigs and vines must be placed in paper yard waste bags with a sticker affixed for collection on your garbage day.
- Remove all roots, stump and dirt. Brush piles containing nails, metal, stones, vines, willow whips, root balls, stumps, railroad ties or lumber will not be collected. If brush contains anything other than branches it will not be collected.
- Residents can dispose of firewood pieces and stumps with their normal garbage, (maximum 32 gallon can and 60 lb weight limit.)
If your brush is not picked up a tag will be affixed to the pile explaining why it wasn't collected.
From March 13 through December 15, 2017, residents may also dispose of bagged or bundled brush each week through the City's weekly yard waste collection program.