Daily Fee Parking
Maintenance Work Taking Place in Upper Burlington Parking Lot This Weekend
Pending weather or unforeseen circumstances, maintenance work will take place in the Upper Burlington commuter parking lot this upcoming weekend, August 10 through August 12. This work is part of the City’s Municipal Parking Lot Improvement Program, which helps ensure City parking lots provide optimal conditions for motorists. Maintenance work in this lot includes pavement re-striping.
To prepare for this work, the Upper Burlington parking lot will close to traffic at 8 p.m. on Friday, August 10 and is anticipated to remain closed on Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12. If your car is parked in this lot, please plan to remove it by no later than 8 p.m. on August 10. The Upper Burlington lot is expected to re-open in time for the morning commute on Monday, August 13.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation throughout this work.
The daily fee parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. At each train station, the daily fee parking spaces cost $2 per day; however, the marked daily fee spaces at the DuPage Children's Museum and 190 E. 5th Avenue (Naperville Metra Station) cost $5 per day. The fee is paid at the automatic payment machines located on the South platform at the Naperville Station and on the North platform at the Route 59 Station. Please note: Daily fee machines cannot dispense cash refunds. Please use exact change.
Metra Station Parking Maps
DuPage Children's Museum Daily Fee Parking
Commuters may park in the marked spaces only (PDF); commuter vehicles parked in Museum spaces (i.e., unmarked parking spaces) may be ticketed or towed.
Daily fee spaces at the DuPage Children’s Museum are available before 9 a.m., Monday through Friday and cost $5 per day.
After 9 a.m. Daily Fee Parking
After 9 a.m., additional daily fee parking is available for $2 per day in designated, unused permit spaces in the following parking lots:
- Burlington Lot, Naperville Metra Station
- Kroehler Lot, Naperville Metra Station
- Route 59 Metra Station (north side of train tracks)
These spaces are designated with yellow stripes and numbers. Please note that permit holders have priority for these spaces until 9 a.m.; vehicles parked in these spaces before 9 a.m. without a valid permit are subject to ticketing.
- Daily Fee Parking Machines (PDF)
- Smart Card
- Compatible smart cards are available at the City of Naperville Municipal Center.
- Visa & MasterCard
- Please use exact change. No refunds will be given at the machines. Daily fee payment machines will provide a refund receipt for overpayments.
- Refund receipts must be submitted in person at the City's Finance Department located at 400 S. Eagle Street. Finance hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
Overnight Parking at the Train Stations
The commuter parking lots at the Naperville and Route 59 Metra Stations may be used without a permit for overnight parking from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m during the following times:
- Monday through Friday
- All day Saturday and Sunday
- City-designated holidays (i.e., New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day).
Please note: vehicles need to be removed by 6 a.m., Monday through Friday; vehicles not removed by 6 a.m. shall be subject to ticketing.