Naperville Measures Resident Satisfaction with the 2023 Community Survey
At least 95% of residents positively rated the overall quality of life in Naperville
NAPERVILLE, Ill. — The City of Naperville recently surveyed residents to better understand the community’s needs and perspectives. This scientifically valid survey comprehensively looks at Naperville’s strengths, areas of improvement, and residents’ priorities. The findings show that residents give high ratings to public safety and the local economy, among other findings. A complete report of the 2023 community survey is available here.
The 2023 Community Survey was developed to assess how residents feel about the livability of the Naperville community. It captures opinions on the quality of life, economy, utilities, education, inclusivity, engagement and more.
“Naperville’s Bridge to 2023 Priorities Plan recommended that a statistically significant resident survey be conducted every two to three years for feedback on City services and key issues,” said City Manager Doug Krieger. “This survey is an important tool for ensuring that we continue to make Naperville an excellent place to live, work and raise a family. I’m incredibly proud that the results show Naperville residents value our City staff's hard work and dedication.”
This is the first time Naperville conducted a survey with Polco, a social science research firm specializing in gathering and analyzing information for public sector entities. Tracking changes over time helps leaders measure progress and make data-driven decisions. The City last completed a community survey in 2016, and Naperville previously completed community surveys in 2012, 2008 and 2006.
The survey’s key findings, as determined by survey researchers at Polco, include:
- Naperville residents enjoy an exceptional quality of life. At least 95% of residents positively rated the overall quality of life in Naperville.
- Residents appreciate opportunities for education, arts and culture in the City, with 94% of Naperville residents giving excellent or good marks to the overall opportunities.
- Naperville residents experience a vibrant local economy and applaud Naperville as a great place to work. Over nine in 10 Naperville residents offered high marks for the City's overall economic health.
- Trust in local government performance is high, and residents feel included in their community. All survey questions relating to local government performance received ratings that exceeded national averages: around eight in 10 residents gave excellent or good marks to Naperville government.
- Naperville residents value the City’s outdoor amenities and parks and recreation opportunities. The facets of Natural Environment and Parks and Recreation were rated as high in quality by about nine in 10 residents, and as high in importance by about eight in 10.
View the full survey results at The NCS Report - Naperville, IL 2023.
For more information on the City of Naperville, visit www.naperville.il.us. To sign up for the City’s notification system Naper Notify and receive important emergency and community information via a phone call, text message, email or smart phone app, visit www.napernotify.com.
# # #
About Naperville: Located 28 miles west of Chicago, Naperville, Ill., is home to approximately 145,000 people. This vibrant, thriving city consistently ranks as a top community in the nation in which to live, raise children and retire. The city is home to acclaimed public and parochial schools, the best public library system in the country, an array of healthcare options and an exceptionally low crime rate. Naperville has ready access to a variety of public transportation, housing and employment options. The city’s diversified employer base features high technology firms, retailers and factories, as well as small and home-based businesses. Residents also enjoy world-class parks, diverse worship options, the opportunity to serve on several City boards and commissions, a thriving downtown shopping and dining area, a renowned outdoor history museum known as Naper Settlement and an active civic community. For more information, please visit our website at www.naperville.il.us.