Hours of Operation
General Hours of Operation:
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
- 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Wednesday
City Clerk's Office:
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Building Permit Counter:
- 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 2 - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed 1-2 p.m. daily)
The Municipal Center will be closed in observance of the following holidays. The specific date for the Municipal Center closure is subject to the day of the week upon which the holiday falls:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
A 24-hour depository box located on the lower level of the parking deck provides after-hour and holiday convenience for paying utility bills.
A dispatcher is on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and should be contacted for electric outages or other related emergencies at (630) 420-6187 or TDD (630) 305-5205.
FOR POLICE, FIRE AND AMBULANCE EMERGENCIES, CALL 911.
The Municipal Center has several meeting areas that are available for rental to local groups and organizations.
For more information, visit the Municipal Center Meeting Room Reservation page.
The City Clerk’s Office offers notary service, with the following exceptions:
- Mortgage Documents
- Real Estate Documents
- I-9 Forms
- Documents printed in a foreign language that do not have an English translation included on the same document
- Certify copies of any document - Illinois law does not authorize a notary public to do this
What to Bring
Please bring proof of identification and the unsigned document(s). You must sign the document(s) in front of the notary.
Documents must have the notary certification attached to the document being notarized.