Curbside Recycling Program
Garbage and Recycling Services Update
Independence Day falls on a Saturday this year, so there will be NO changes to the residential garbage and recycling collection schedule this week. Residents should follow their typical collection schedule.
The City’s contractor has removed all restrictions that were previously placed on curbside garbage and recycling as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. All curbside services have returned to normal.
The City’s Environmental Collection Campus, located at 156 Fort Hill Drive, has reopened with a few COVID-19-related precautions in place. Residents are encouraged to follow all on-site signage and directions given by staff. For hours of operations and specific COVID-19 related instructions, please visit the webpage of the specific center you wish to use:
When is my garbage and recycling collection day?View Map
Naperville's recycling contractor, Groot Industries, provides weekly collection of recyclables. If you have questions about recyclable materials, or missed pick ups please call Groot Industries at (630) 892-9294.
Your Recycling Service
The following items are recyclable:
- Junk mail
- Phone books
- Books (notebooks, novels, hard or soft textbooks; residents are encouraged to donate items in good condition)
- Office paper
- Post-It Notes™
- Gift wrap
- Paper bags
- Chipboard boxes like gift boxes, tissue boxes and cereal boxes
- Corrugated cardboard boxes, including frozen food boxes
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminum cans, foil and trays
- Tin or steel cans, including empty aerosol cans and paint cans
- Plastic containers numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 (#6 not accepted)
- Plastic 6-pack pings
- Milk cartons and drink boxes
Place recycling carts on the side of the driveway opposite from garbage collection cans and yard waste.
Mixed paper may be placed in a separate bin or paper bag. Do not tie the paper into bundles or place recycling in plastic bags.
All containers should be rinsed out, but labels do not need to be removed. Please remember:
- Styrofoam products are not included in the curbside recycling program. Packing peanuts can be recycled at some local mailing or shipping establishments. Dart Container Corporation, located at 310 Evergreen Dr, North Aurora, IL 60542, operates a polystyrene foam (styrofoam) drop-off recycling site for foam cups and containers, foam egg cartons, meat trays and most packaging foam. They do not accept packing peanuts. For more information and hours, call (630) 896-4631.
- Plastic bags may be recycled at some local grocery stores.
- Use the Household Hazardous Waste drop-off site for recycling oil-based and alkyd paint, household chemicals, fluorescent bulbs, pesticides and automotive fluids.