Naperville has a recycling cart program for its residents served by the curbside recycling program. These carts are made of a sturdy commercial-grade plastic with wheels for easy movement and hinged lids to contain items and minimize animal pilferage and blowing trash. They offer residents a clean and convenient way to dispose of recyclables and increase their recycling capacity.
Carts come in three sizes:
- 96 gallons (holds 6 standard kitchen-size bags, measures 46" H x 26" W x 35" D) - $57
- 64 gallons (holds 4 standard kitchen-size bags, measures 42" H x 24" W x 27" D) - $47
- 35 gallons (holds 2 standard kitchen-size bags, measures 37.5" H x 19" W x 24" D) - $39
These sizes work with the automated hauling process and also guarantee there will not be confusion between recycling and garbage collection since these services occur on the same day.
Groot Industries allows residents to use other containers for recycling if they are equipped with a metal bar allowing for automated pick-up and if it is clearly marked as a recycling container. Neither the City of Naperville or Groot Industries will be responsible for any damages that occur if residents choose to use a non-City issued cart.
Also note that by using a non-City issued recycling cart, it increases the potential for the City's hauler to miss picking up your recyclables as drivers will be looking for a City-issued blue recycling cart.
Purchase a Recycling Cart
- Sizes for both recycling and garbage carts are listed in the form below.
- To have your carts delivered to your home, please select "One-Time Delivery Charge." This charge will only be assessed once regardless of the number of carts you purchase.
- If you don't choose the delivery option you can pick up your cart at the Public Works Service Center, 180 Fort Hill Dr. Monday-Friday 7-4.
- To order more than one item, select your first item and click Add to Cart. Once on the Paypal Checkout page, click the Continue Shopping link near the top right of the page to return here and select more items.
- If you discover you have the wrong size cart for your needs, please contact the Department of Public Works at (630) 420-6095 within 30 days of receiving your cart. A charge associated with cart exchanges may apply.
- Please note that the form below can be used to order both recycling and garbage carts.
- Verify your Shipping Address before completing your order.