Important Dates for the 2023 Municipal Election
The following dates are for candidates running in the 2023 Naperville municipal election. Up for election in 2023 are the four-year position of Mayor and the four-year terms of four City Council positions. To qualify as a candidate, you must be a registered voter of the City of Naperville and have resided within the corporate limits of the City for at least one year.
- August 23, 2022 – Candidate packets available in the Community Services Department, 400 S. Eagle St.
- August 30, 2022 – First day to circulate petitions for Primary
- November 21, 2022 – First day to file nomination papers for Primary
- November 28, 2022 – Last day to file nomination papers for Primary
- December 6, 2022 – Tentative date for Ballot Placement Lottery
- December 22, 2022 – Ballot certification deadline
- February 28, 2023 – Primary Election (only held if more than four candidates file for any one office, or if there are more than 16 candidates for Council or four candidates for Mayor.)
- April 4, 2023 – Consolidated General Election
Please consult the Illinois State Board of Elections for specific candidate questions or the Community Services Department at 630-305-5300 regarding obtaining a petition for candidacy.
Home. It’s the place where you enjoy all that life has to offer while making memories with those you love. In Naperville, you don’t just live in a City. You live in a community of diverse neighborhoods that result in an unmatched quality of life. The kind that share the simple joys of holidays, celebrations, successes, and maybe even a summer barbecue or two. As a City, we strive to provide our residents with the services, initiatives and support to help them live and retire in a place they can proudly call home.
Keep up with the proactive and precautionary steps the City is taking to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus in our community.Learn more