Yard Waste Collection
Important Collection Reminders
REMINDER: The week of June 24-28 is the final week to use Waste Management yard waste stickers on curbside yard waste. From July 1 to July 31, residents may exchange up to five unused Waste Management yard waste stickers for Groot stickers at the Public Works Service Center, 180 Fort Hill Dr., or the Finance Department, 400 S. Eagle St.
Due to the Fourth of July holiday, no curbside garbage, recycling or yard waste will be collected on Thursday, July 4. Curbside services will be collected one day later for the remainder of the week.
The City of Naperville's weekly yard waste collection program will run from March 18 to Dec. 13, 2019. Landscape waste must be placed in paper yard waste bags or clearly labeled cans or carts. Bundled small branches will also be picked up. A yard waste sticker must be attached to each bag, container or bundle placed at the curb for collection. State law prohibits grass clippings, leaves, garden waste and branches from being placed in landfills.
Questions or concerns regarding yard waste collection, or a missed pick up should be directed to Groot Industries at 630-892-9294, M-F 8am - 4pm.
Waste Collection Provider Transition Information
On May 1, Groot Industries began weekly garbage, recycling and yard waste collection service for City of Naperville residents. Please refer to the information below for important dates and information as the City transitions from its current yard waste collection provider, Waste Management, to Groot on May 1.
Yard Waste Stickers
Groot yard waste stickers cost $2.25 each through December 31, 2020. Stickers may be purchased from the Finance Department at the Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle St., as well as the businesses listed below.
Important Yard Waste Sticker Reminders:
- Groot will honor Waste Management yard waste stickers until June 28, 2019.
- From July 1, 2019 through July 31, 2019, residents may exchange up to five unused Waste Management yard waste stickers for Groot yard waste stickers at the following locations:
- Public Works Service Center, 180 Fort Hill Dr.
- Naperville Finance Department, 400 S. Eagle St.
Yard Waste Cart/Organics Program
Returning a Waste Management Yard Waste/Organics Cart
Waste Management collected yard waste containers from the curb the week of April 22-26.
- Residents who still have a Waste Management yard waste cart after April 26 should call Waste Management at (800) 964-8988 to schedule a pickup to avoid additional charges.
- Residents will be charged a $30 collection fee by Waste Management for cart pickups scheduled after June 1.
- Residents who still have their cart after July 1 will be billed by Waste Management for the entire cost of the cart.
Renting a Groot Yard Waste Cart
Groot will began accepting new yard waste cart customers on April 1. To order a cart, residents should call Groot at (630) 892-9294. Groot yard waste carts are offered in one size (95 gallon) and cost $225 per year/season.
How to Participate in Curbside Collection
Place grass, weeds, small branches, twigs and leaves in 32-gallon paper yard waste bags or a clearly labeled 32-gallon can. Alternatively, branches less than 3 inches in diameter may be tied in bundles that measure up to 4 feet long and 2 feet wide. Secure each bundle with biodegradable twine. Bags and bundles have a 60-pound weight limit.
The City provides an annual free curbside brush collection starting in mid-May for branches and tree trimmings.
Yard waste stickers cost $2.25 each through December 31, 2020. Stickers may be purchased from the Finance Department at the Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle St., as well as the following businesses:
- Buikema's Ace Hardware
- 963 W. 75th St., 1030 Washington St. and 5035 Ace Lane
- Butera Market, 1290 E. Chicago Ave.
- Caputo's Fresh Market, 3115 W. 111th St.
- Casey's Foods, 134 W. Gartner Road
- Convenient Food Mart, 501 W. 87th St.
- Douglas Ace Hardware, 1212 S. Naper Blvd.
- 1759 W. Ogden Ave., 127 E. Ogden Ave., 1227 Naper Blvd., 2855 W. 95th St., 1157 N. Eola Rd.(Aurora), 1200 Boughton Rd. (Bolingbrook)
- Meijer, 808 N. Route 59 (Aurora), 225 Weber Rd. (Bolingbrook)
- Menards, 715 Fort Hill Drive
- 713 E Ogden, 2719 Hassert Blvd., 2111 Winding River Dr. 3035 Book Rd., 63 W. 87th St.
- Corner Pantry
- 1801 Wehrli Road
- 1300 S. Naper Blvd.
Please note, certain retailers may have additional service fees. For more information, please contact specific retailers directly.
Free Yard Waste Collection Program
From November 4 through December 13, 2019, the City offers a free yard waste collection program. During this time, homeowners may dispose of yard waste in 32-gallon paper yard waste bags or clearly labeled cans or carts, free of charge, each week on their normal garbage collection day. Branches and other yard waste that are tied into bundles require a sticker at all times.
Prior to November 4, a yard waste sticker is required on all bundled or bagged leaves and yard waste placed out for collection.
"Yard Waste Only" labels to clearly identify cans and carts are available free of charge at the Public Works Service Center, 180 Fort Hill Drive.
Yard Waste/Organics Program
Have an interest in recycling organics like food scraps? Have a larger amount of yard waste to dispose of? You can now rent a 95 gallon yard waste cart from Groot Industries for an annual fee instead of using bags and stickers. All yard and food waste can be placed in the convenient cart, helping keep these items out of landfills. (Food waste composting is only available to those who subscribe to this program.) To sign up and order your cart, call Groot Industries at (630) 892-9294.