Utility Assistance Program
The City of Naperville, in partnership with Loaves & Fishes, offers utility assistance for low-income residential utility customers. Residential utility customers that meet established eligibility criteria may receive a grant of up to $600 annually. Eligible utility customers will be able to use this money to pay any past, current or future City utility bills. The application period is open throughout the year and applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Grants will be awarded on an ongoing basis until program funds are exhausted. When program funds are exhausted, a new grant period will resume on January 1st of the following year.
This program is administered by Loaves & Fishes using City of Naperville funds.
- Applicant must be a City of Naperville resident with a current City utility account. Closed, past-due accounts are not eligible for a grant.
- Applicant’s household income shall not exceed 300% of the Federal poverty level established for the current year.
- Applicants eligible for assistance through the Low Income Household Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) or Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIWAP) shall apply for and use those funds before being eligible for City of Naperville utility assistance
- A household shall not receive more than $600 in total grant funds within any one calendar year.
- Any assistance approved by Loaves & Fishes will be applied directly to the resident's utility account.
- Any outstanding account balance that exists after funds are granted must be paid in full or the resident must request a payment plan through the City, which is available on The City's Help Center.
- Applications will be accepted directly by Loaves & Fishes through their Emergency Assistance Program. The City of Naperville will not accept requests for assistance from residential customers.
- To apply for utility assistance, call Loaves & Fishes at (630)-355-3663 and press 4 to leave a message. Calls will be returned in the order they are received. Please only leave one message. Due to the high volume of calls, you can expect a return call in 3-5 business days. We appreciate your patience with this process.
- All clients requesting assistance from Loaves & Fishes must complete a detailed application and supply mandatory documents (accepted electronically). Applications are taken over the phone by volunteers and a phone appointment is made to review documentation, including verification of the need for financial assistance.
- On average, clients go through the emergency assistance process within one to two weeks.