The City offers free garbage and recycling cart delivery. Please note that garbage and recycling cart delivery may take up to 30 days due to the large volume of cart orders.
Naperville has a recycling cart program for its residents served by the curbside recycling program. These carts are made of a sturdy commercial-grade plastic with wheels for easy movement and hinged lids to contain items and minimize animal pilferage and blowing trash. They offer residents a clean and convenient way to dispose of recyclables and increase their recycling capacity. The carts have a 10 year warranty against manufacture's defects.
Carts come in three sizes:
- 96 gallons (holds 6 standard kitchen-size bags, measures 46" H x 26" W x 35" D) - $57
- 64 gallons (holds 4 standard kitchen-size bags, measures 42" H x 24" W x 27" D) - $47
- 35 gallons (holds 2 standard kitchen-size bags, measures 37.5" H x 19" W x 24" D) - $39
These sizes work with the automated hauling process and also guarantee there will not be confusion between recycling and garbage collection, since these services occur on the same day.
Groot Industries allows residents to use other containers for recycling if they are equipped with a metal bar allowing for automated pick-up and if they are clearly marked as a recycling container. Neither the City of Naperville or Groot Industries will be responsible for any damages that occur if residents choose to use a non-City issued cart.
Also note that by using a non-City issued recycling cart, it increases the potential for the City's hauler to miss picking up your recyclables, as drivers will be looking for a City-issued blue recycling cart.
Purchase a Recycling Cart
- Sizes for both recycling and garbage carts are listed in the form below.
- All carts are delivered to your home at no additional charge for delivery. Delivery is the only option and orders can take up to 30 days to be delivered, but usually are delivered within 2-3 weeks.
- To order more than one item, select your first item and click Add to Cart. Once on the Paypal Checkout page, click the Continue Shopping link near the top right of the page to return here and select more items.
- If you are moving into an existing residence, please wait to order your carts until you close on the property. Some prior owners will leave carts for the new owners.
- If you discover you have ordered the wrong size cart for your needs, please contact the Department of Public Works at (630) 420-6095 within 30 days of receiving your cart. A charge associated with cart exchanges may apply. Only unused carts will be accepted for exchange.
- Please note that the form below can be used to order both recycling and garbage carts.
- Verify your Shipping Address before completing your order.
- Once you receive your cart, you can place your old, empty cart at the curb on your regular garbage collection day with a note attached to the cart stating it's garbage.