Amplifier Permit

Coming Soon

In the weeks ahead, customers will be able to apply for many permits, including this one, through the City’s new Permitting, Plans and Licensing Portal. The new portal gathers all of the information needed to apply, pay for, and manage permits in one convenient place.

Any person or organization desiring to operate a loudspeaker or amplifier connected to any device by which sounds are magnified or made audible over any public street or public place must apply for and be issued a license by the Community Services Department.

Please allow a minimum of seven (7) days for the Community Services Department to process your amplifier permit request.

Amplifier Use Hours

  • Sunday - Thursday: Noon to 8 p.m.
  • Friday and Saturday: Noon to 10 p.m. 

There are NO EXCEPTIONS to the hours listed above.

Additional regulations regarding this type of permit are detailed in the City's Municipal Codebook (3-9).

I have read all of the above and am ready to fill out the Amplifier Permit(PDF).