B.A.S.S.E.T. (Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training) classes are conducted by State of Illinois-licensed members of the Naperville Police Department.
"Training Servers to Serve Responsibly"
- All establishments that hold a liquor license must require agents and employees who dispense, sell, deliver or serve alcoholic liquor to be enrolled in the B.A.S.S.E.T. program within 30 days of date of hire. The agents and employees shall complete certification no later than 60 days after date of hire.
- Applications and payments can only be mailed in or brought in person to the City Clerk’s Office.
- Changes or cancellations must be received 48 hours before the class date
- All initial BASSET training shall be conducted by a certified BASSET trained instructor provided by the City, upon the premises of the City, or at an offsite location as approved by the Liquor Commissioner. Any subsequent or renewal BASSET training may be conducted in person or online.
2019 Class Dates
Classes are held in Council Chambers at the Municipal Center. Sign-in starts 30 minutes before class begins. BASSET classes are four (4) hours long, per the State of Illinois. Late comers will not be allowed in once class has started.
- Wednesday, January 23 - 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 13 - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13 - 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 10 - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 22 - 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 12 - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- NO CLASS IN JULY
- Wednesday, August 14 - 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 25 - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 23 - 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 13 - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 11 - 5:30- 9:30 p.m.
City of Naperville training is accepted statewide and by several surrounding states. The State of Illinois Liquor Commission mandates that B.A.S.S.E.T. certificates shall expire three (3) years from the date of issue. (235 ILCS 5/6-27.1g)