Solicitors/Peddlers/Food Vendors/Tag Days
All solicitors, peddlers, food vendors and tag day participants must be licensed to operate in the City of Naperville.
Please note that no permit is needed for distributing door hangers. However, adherence to the time restrictions listed below is encouraged.
- No peddling/soliciting/tagging is allowed on Sundays or on State or Federal holidays. Other time restrictions include:
- Soliciting/Peddling - Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. only
- Tag Days - Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. only
- Mobile Food Vending - Every day, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. only
- Downtown Food Vending - Every day, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Sunday through Thursday, 10 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
Below are the application packets (in PDF format) required for licensing by the City of Naperville:
"No Soliciting or Peddling"
Residents may post a 3"x 4" "No Soliciting or Peddling Permitted on Premises" sign or pick up a free sticker at the following locations:
City Clerk's Office
1350 Aurora Ave.
Naperville, IL 60540 TEL: (630) 420-6666
In an emergency, dial 9-1-1
Please call 9-1-1 if you see a non-licensed solicitor or peddler in your neighborhood. For all other questions contact the City Clerk's office at 630-305-5300.