Leaf Disposal Options
Mulch Your Leaves
- When mowing the lawn, use the mulching feature.
- Mulching leaves into your yard keeps your lawn healthy and saves space in the landfill.
- Thicker layers will kill the grass and prepare an area as a future flower bed.
- Thinner layers will help fertilize your lawn.
Compost Your Leaves
- Composted leaves make great mulch and cover for your vegetable garden.
- Mix shredded or whole leaves into your compost pile when it is in need
Bag Your Leaves
- Dispose of yard waste and leaves in 32-gallon paper yard waste bags or clearly labeled cans or carts, free of charge from Nov. 1 to Dec. 17.of carbon.
Learn more at www.naperville.il.us/leafcollection.