Daily Fee Parking
Alternate Parking Options Due to Water Tower West Demolition
To help mitigate the temporary loss of daily fee parking spaces due to the demolition of Water Tower West (the former City of Naperville Public Works facility), the 53 permit spaces in the Burlington Lot which typically become available for daily fee use after 9 a.m. are now available prior to 9 a.m. as standard daily fee parking for $2 per day.
Permit holders who use the Burlington Lot are asked not to park in these numbered spaces, located along the north side of the parking lot, so that they can remain available for daily fee use. Permit holders may park in these spaces if the rest of the Burlington Lot is full.
As a reminder, commuters impacted by the Water Tower West demolition may also consider alternate commuting options, including the Route 59 Metra Station and Pace Suburban Bus. The space formerly occupied by Water Tower West is slated to reopen as a surface parking lot in October 2019 and will provide approximately 250 additional daily fee parking spaces to commuters.
The daily fee parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. At each train station, the daily fee parking spaces cost $2 per day; however, the marked daily fee spaces at the DuPage Children's Museum and 190 E. 5th Avenue (Naperville Metra Station) cost $5 per day. The fee is paid at the automatic payment machines located on the South platform at the Naperville Station and on the North platform at the Route 59 Station. Please note: Daily fee machines cannot dispense cash refunds. Please use exact change.
Metra Station Parking Maps
DuPage Children's Museum Daily Fee Parking
Commuters may park in the marked spaces only (PDF); commuter vehicles parked in Museum spaces (i.e., unmarked parking spaces) may be ticketed or towed.
Daily fee spaces at the DuPage Children’s Museum are available before 9 a.m., Monday through Friday and cost $5 per day.
After 9 a.m. Daily Fee Parking
After 9 a.m., additional daily fee parking is available for $2 per day in designated, unused permit spaces in the following parking lots:
- Burlington Lot, Naperville Metra Station
- Kroehler Lot, Naperville Metra Station
- Route 59 Metra Station (north side of train tracks)
These spaces are designated with yellow stripes and numbers. Please note that permit holders have priority for these spaces until 9 a.m.; vehicles parked in these spaces before 9 a.m. without a valid permit are subject to ticketing.
- Daily Fee Parking Machines (PDF)
- Smart Card
- Compatible smart cards are available at the City of Naperville Municipal Center.
- Visa & MasterCard
- Please use exact change. No refunds will be given at the machines. Daily fee payment machines will provide a refund receipt for overpayments.
- Refund receipts must be submitted in person at the City's Finance Department located at 400 S. Eagle Street. Finance hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
Overnight Parking at the Train Stations
The commuter parking lots at the Naperville and Route 59 Metra Stations (north side of railroad tracks) may be used without a permit for overnight parking from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m during the following times:
- Monday through Friday
- All day Saturday and Sunday
- City-designated holidays (i.e., New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day).
Please note: vehicles need to be removed by 6 a.m., Monday through Friday; vehicles not removed by 6 a.m. shall be subject to ticketing.