Guaranteed Ride Home
Due to the service cuts implemented by Pace, the City of Naperville has suspended the Guaranteed Ride Home Program in 2021.
Who Can Participate?
All commuters who are Naperville residents and use Pace bus services to access the Naperville or Route 59 Metra stations.
How the Program Works
- All participants are required to register for the program and will be eligible to request reimbursement for up to 12 trips per year for a taxi or rideshare service (e.g., Lyft, Uber) ride between one of the Metra stations and their home or designated park-and-ride.
- Registered participants are eligible to travel by taxi or rideshare service when Pace buses are not in service, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- The user is required to pay for the fare and obtain a detailed receipt from the taxi or rideshare company in order to request reimbursement by the city.
All requests for reimbursement will be reviewed by city staff and a fare reimbursement rate will be determined for each participant based on the distance between the individual’s home and their preferred Naperville Metra station. If the participant uses a park-and-ride, the distance between the Metra station and the park-and-ride lot will be used to calculate the fare reimbursement rate. Fare reimbursement rates will be set at the start of each calendar year and will be based on current taxi fare rates for companies registered to operate in Naperville. The city will issue reimbursement for eligible taxi or rideshare service trips at the predetermined taxi fare amount or the actual fare paid, whichever is less.
- Guaranteed Ride Home Program Rules and Regulations
- Taxi Cab Companies Registered with the City of Naperville
- Reimbursement Request Form
Applying for and Receiving Reimbursement
Participants may submit receipts and requests for reimbursement up until February 1 of the following year. Participants will receive reimbursement via a mailed check.