Commuter Parking Changes
On March 7, 2023, the Naperville City Council approved a plan to eliminate all commuter parking permits and change all parking to daily fee parking. Below is a timeline of when to expect changes to commuter parking:
- March 8, 2023: No new permits will be issued for any Naperville commuter parking lots except for reverse commute permits.
- Before fall 2023: Staff will bring necessary ordinances to modify the Municipal Code to City Council for consideration.
- Fall 2023: Modifications to the parking system will be implemented, including switching to a pay-by-plate model, and establishing all spaces as daily fee. Quarterly permits will still be valid until the end of 2023.
- January, 1, 2024: The use of quarterly permits for all lots will be discontinued. Current permit holders will be provided notice of this change, and the waitlists for Burlington and Kroehler permits will also be eliminated.
Available Parking Facilities and Fees
Naperville Metra Station (Map)
There are two permit lots at the Naperville Metra Station: the Burlington lot and the Kroehler lot. Currently, there are no quarterly permits available for these lots. The City of Naperville also is no longer accepting applications for the Naperville Station commuter parking waitlists.
Lot Status as of October 2022
The Kroehler lot is temporarily closed. All Naperville Station permit holders should park in the Burlington lot.
Route 59 Metra Station (Map)
On March 7, 2023, the Naperville City Council approved a plan to phase out quarter commuter parking permits. As part of that plan, quarterly permits are no longer available for the north side of the Route 59 Metra Station City of Naperville parking lot (contact the City of Aurora for parking on the south side of the Route 59 Metra Station).
Reverse Commuter Parking Permit
Reverse commuter parking permits are valid weekdays, from 3 p.m. to 8 a.m. in the following commuter parking lots:
- Naperville Metra Station Burlington Lot
- Route 59 Station Lot
Vehicles that are not removed by 8 a.m. on a weekday shall be subject to ticketing.
Reverse Commuter Parking Permit Quarterly Fee
To obtain a reverse commuter parking permit, please complete the Reverse Commuter Parking Permit Application and submit in person at the City's Municipal Center located at 400 S. Eagle St. Naperville, IL, 60540. The quarterly fees for the Burlington and Route 59 lots are as follows:
- Burlington Lot - $60
- Route 59 - $65
Commuter Parking Rules and Regulations
All parking permit holders and waitlist applicants are subject to the Commuter Parking Rules and Regulations (PDF).
Per the Rules and Regulations, a permit holder or waitlist applicant is required to maintain up-to-date commuter parking account information. To update a commuter parking account, submit a completed Commuter Parking Account Update Form to
Transportation Department - Commuter Parking
TED Business Group
400 S. Eagle St.
Naperville, IL 60540 TEL: (630) 420-6100 EMAIL: email@example.com
Canceling a Permit
Submit a signed Commuter Parking Account Update Form with permit hangtag and current renewal sticker.