Social Services Grant Program
PY2019 CDBG/SSG Pre-Application Workshop and Information Session
The City of Naperville will kick-off its 2019 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Social Services Grant (SSG) funding cycle with a Pre-Application Workshop and Information Session from 10 a.m. – noon on Thursday, August 23, 2018 in Meeting Room B of the Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S. Eagle St.
- The meeting is open to anyone interested in the CDBG and SSG programs, but the meeting is mandatory for organizations interested in applying for grant funds, whether or not you have previously applied for, or been awarded funding.
Topics will include:
- Overview of programs and 2018 priorities for CDBG/SSG
- Eligibility for CDBG/SSG
- Funding criteria
- Application process, deadlines and submission requirements
CDBG and SSG applications will be due Friday, September 28, 2018.
The City of Naperville created the Social Services Grant (SSG) Program to enhance social service activities for community benefit. The purpose of the fund is to provide necessary financial assistance to municipal and not-for-profit social service agencies. The grant is awarded annually with the application cycle taking place in the fall of each year.
- Emergency Services
- Special Populations
- Self-Sufficiency Projects
Please note that transportation is a subsection of each objective category.
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Mental Health Community Awareness
- An organization must be a non-profit/not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
- The service or benefit provided must meet the objective of the City's Social Service program and address a perceived need or problem in the community. Priority will be given to activities that benefit low- and moderate-income persons.
- An organization must provide services or benefits to the City of Naperville community.
- An organization must demonstrate a need for City funding.
- An organization must demonstrate ongoing fundraising efforts.
All organizations receiving SSG funds are subject to the requirements included in the Grantees Manual (PDF).
As a Social Services Grant (SSG) Grantee, you are required to fill out and submit the following forms below to complete the funding process.
A complete overview of the program, including forms, can be found in the
Grantee Manual (PDF)
In case of any changes to the “Grantee Agreement,” a grantee needs to submit the amendment form explaining proposed changes. No changes to the project can be made without the approval of the City of Naperville.
- Agreement Amendment Form (PDF)
The City of Naperville requires grantees to report on grant progress through the life of the project. The reporting forms can be accessed below and are applicable to all projects.
- Six-Month Progress Report (PDF) - Due November 10
- Final Program and Financial Report (PDF) - Due June 1 or 30 days following the completion of the project.
Request for Payment
In order to be reimbursed, a grantee must fill out the Request for Payment form and submit all required supporting documentation. Requests for Payment are due the 10th of each month.
- Request for Payment (PDF)