Social Services Grant Program
Important Dates To Remember:
- Sept. 6, 2022 - CY23 Application is open
- Sept. 23, 2022 - CY23 funding applications are due by 5 p.m.
- Dec. 2022 - City Council Approval of CY23 Social Services Grant (SSG) allocations
- Jan. 2023 - CY23 SSG Program Year begins
As a Social Services Grant (SSG) Grantee, you are required to fill out and submit the following forms below to complete the funding process:
- CI and SS Application Worksheet - Question 4.2 (.xlsx document)
- CI and SS Application Worksheet - Question 4.3 (.xlsx document)
The City of Naperville created the Social Services Grant (SSG) Program to enhance social service activities for community benefit. The purpose of the fund is to provide necessary financial assistance to municipal and not-for-profit social service agencies. The grant is awarded annually with the application cycle taking place in the fall of each year.
- Emergency Services
- Special Populations
- Self-Sufficiency Projects
Please note that transportation is a subsection of each objective category.
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Mental Health Community Awareness
- An organization must be a non-profit/not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
- The service or benefit provided must meet the objective of the City's Social Service program and address a perceived need or problem in the community. Priority will be given to activities that benefit low- and moderate-income persons.
- An organization must provide services or benefits to the City of Naperville community.
- An organization must demonstrate a need for City funding.
- An organization must demonstrate ongoing fundraising efforts.
All organizations receiving SSG funds are subject to the requirements included in the Grantees Manual (PDF).
As a Social Services Grant (SSG) Grantee, you are required to fill out and submit the following forms below to complete the funding process. A complete overview of the program, including forms, can be found in the Grantee Manual (PDF).
In case of any changes to the “Grantee Agreement,” a grantee needs to submit the amendment form explaining proposed changes. No changes to the project can be made without the approval of the City of Naperville.
- Agreement Amendment Form (PDF)
The City of Naperville requires grantees to report on grant progress through the life of the project. The reporting forms can be accessed below and are applicable to all projects.
- Final Program and Financial Report (PDF) - Due within thirty (30) days after the end of the program year, which is December 31; or thirty (30) days after project completion, whichever is sooner
Request for Payment
In order to be reimbursed, a grantee must fill out the Request for Payment form and submit all required supporting documentation. Requests for Payment are due the 10th of each month.
- Request for Payment (PDF)