Special Events & Cultural Amenities Program
The City of Naperville encourages celebrations of community that focus on the heritage, diversity, and character of Naperville. In support of these activities, the City of Naperville established the Special Events & Cultural Amenities (SECA) Fund in 2004 as “a separate fund used solely for the funding of social and artistic events and entities, providing cultural experiences for the Naperville community and its visitors.”
For more information about the grant, contact
Dawn Portner, Special Events Coordinator
SECA Grant Application for CY19 is Now Closed
All applications were due no later than Tuesday, July 17, at noon.
SECA Commission Taskforce Meetings:
- Thursday, February 21st at 9:00 am. in the NEU - Naperville Municipal Center 400 S. Eagle Street - Topic: Discuss and recommend a sunset policy for organizations receiving SECA grant funding.
- Wednesday, February 27th at 5:30 pm Conference Room 248 - Naperville Municipal Center 400 S. Eagle Street - Topic: Eliminating workshops and the review of the SECA grant fund application.
- Monday, March 4th at 5:30 pm NEU - Naperville Municipal Center 400 S. Eagle Street - Topic: Current grant categories
- Thursday, March 7th at 5:30 pm Conference Room 248 - Naperville Municipal Center 400 S. Eagle Street - Topic: Creating a vision statement for SECA
Documents and Reports
SECA fund applicants and recipients must be familiar with all policies and procedures related to the SECA Fund.
- SECA CY18 Fund Manual (PDF)
All SECA fund recipients are required to submit a Final Financial Report and Budget Worksheet within 30 days after completing the event. All recipients, regardless of award allocation must complete all sections of both reports.
All SECA Fund recipients are required to submit the following reimbursement request form along with supporting invoices in order to begin the reimbursement process.
- SECA Fund Reimbursement Form (.doc)
The following SECA grant recommendations for CY19 were approved by City Council at the February 5th City Council meeting.