Special Events & Community Arts Program
The City of Naperville encourages celebrations of community that focus on the heritage, diversity, and character of Naperville. In support of these activities, the City of Naperville established the Special Events & Community Arts (SECA) Fund in 2004 as “a separate fund used solely for the funding of social and artistic events and entities, providing cultural experiences for the Naperville community and its visitors.”
For more information about the grant, contact
Dawn Portner, Special Events Coordinator
Important Dates to Remember for CY23
- Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2022 - Applicant Mandatory Meeting via zoom at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022 - Applicant Mandatory Meeting via zoom at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2022 - SECA online Applications available at noon
- Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2022 - SECA Applications are due at noon
- February 2023 - City Council approval of the CY23 SECA Grant Fund applications
Documents and Reports
SECA fund applicants and recipients must be familiar with all policies and procedures related to the SECA Fund.
- SECA CY22 Fund Manual (PDF)
All SECA fund recipients are required to submit a Final Financial Report and Budget Worksheet within 30 days after completing the event. All recipients, regardless of award allocation must complete all sections of both reports.
All SECA Fund recipients are required to submit the following reimbursement request form along with supporting invoices in order to begin the reimbursement process.
- SECA Fund Reimbursement Form (.doc)
The following SECA grant fund recommendations for CY22 were approved by City Council at the February 1, 2022 City Council meeting.