Special Events & Cultural Amenities Program
The City of Naperville encourages celebrations of community that focus on the heritage, diversity, and character of Naperville. In support of these activities, the City of Naperville established the Special Events & Cultural Amenities (SECA) Fund in 2004 as “a separate fund used solely for the funding of social and artistic events and entities, providing cultural experiences for the Naperville community and its visitors.”
For more information about the grant, contact
Dawn Portner, Special Events Coordinator
Important Dates for CY21
SECA Grant Applicants Mandatory Meetings via Zoom
- Tuesday, August 25th at 1:00 pm OR
- Thursday, August 27th at 5:00 pm
Information will be forwarded closer to the meeting dates
- Online Grant Applications will be live on Tuesday, September 8th at noon
- Online Grant Applications will close on Tuesday, September 29th at noon
SECA Workshop with Grant Applicants:
- Saturday, November 14th at 9:00 am via Zoom
SECA Commission Meeting to review the applications:
- Wednesday, December 2nd at 6:00 pm via Zoom
Documents and Reports
SECA fund applicants and recipients must be familiar with all policies and procedures related to the SECA Fund.
- SECA CY20 Fund Manual (PDF)
All SECA fund recipients are required to submit a Final Financial Report and Budget Worksheet within 30 days after completing the event. All recipients, regardless of award allocation must complete all sections of both reports.
All SECA Fund recipients are required to submit the following reimbursement request form along with supporting invoices in order to begin the reimbursement process.
- SECA Fund Reimbursement Form (.doc)
The following SECA grant recommendations for CY20 were approved by City Council at the Feb. 4 City Council meeting.