Deceased Animals

Pets & Private Property

Deceased wildlife on private property is the homeowner’s responsibility for removal. The animal can be double-bagged and placed in the trash or a private nuisance animal service can be contacted by the homeowner.

For pets, the homeowner is responsible for removal. A veterinarian can be contacted for disposal or cremation.

Public Streets

For deceased wildlife on public streets, please contact Naperville's Customer Care Center at (630) 420-6187.

If the animal is a road hazard, please call the Naperville Police Department non-emergency number at (630) 420-6666.


If a deceased stray cat or dog is in the roadway or on private property, please call Animal Control at (630) 420-6178 and press 0.