Downtown Beat Officer
The Downtown Beat Officer Program was originally implemented as a community policing initiative designed to improve service and communication between the downtown merchants and the police department. The Downtown Naperville Alliance has become a vital partner with our program allowing us to increase communication, build additional partners, and strengthen the department's reputation for service and problem solving.
Currently, Officer Colton Parchem is assigned to this position.
The primary goal of the DBO is to enhance police service delivery in the Central Business District (CBD) through a proactive and interactive approach utilizing problem solving, coordination of resources, enhanced communication within the agency and with merchants and partnership creation. The DBO provides a modified patrol service to the CBD, which may include foot patrol, marked vehicle patrol and all-terrain vehicle patrol.
Significant responsibilities include:
- Creating/building partnerships with community and business organizations.
- Identifying and addressing downtown concerns and problems.
- Regularly attending business and/or community group meetings.
- Coordinating responses/resources of the police and other city departments.
- Providing information and training to merchants and property owners.
- Completing reports and/or memos describing situations/outlining initiatives.
- Conducting traditional patrol operations and investigative activities.
- Providing support to downtown special events.