Temporary Residential Lock Box Program
The Temporary Residential Lock Box Program is available to residents of the City of Naperville to provide first responders a secure means to access your home in case of a medical emergency.
Lock boxes are safe, secure and UL tested. With this box in place, emergency responders can gain access to the resident in need without forcing entry and causing damage to the residence. They simply remove the entrance key stored inside, provide medical assistance, and relock your door when they leave. The lock box is easily secured over the top your front door, no drilling required.
The Temporary Residential Lock Box Program is available to individuals who:
- Have a history of medical problems and live alone.
- Are recuperating at home from a hospital stay.
- Have a medical alert pendant or home medical alert system.
There are a limited number of lock boxes available and are to be used for short-term purposes. The Naperville Fire Department offers this service for free. If the term of usage should exceed (6) months, the resident would be encouraged to purchase a lock box.
- Download the two-page application below or pick one up at the Naperville Fire Department administrative offices, 1380 Aurora Ave.
- Return your signed application to the Naperville Fire Department Division of Community Risk Reduction, 1380 Aurora Ave., Naperville, IL 60540.
Residents approved for a lock box are required to register with Community Connect. Additionally, a member of NFD's Community Advocate Response Team will conduct a safety check of the approved resident's home, which will include a smoke detector check. After the inspection, the resident will be advised of the possible issues and recommendations for correction.